Something on your mind? ? ? :-)

If you would like to leave a comment to tell me what you like or if you would like to share an experience you have had, have suggestions for new adventures, or would just like to share what's on your mind, please feel free to do so! I would really, really love to hear any feedback you would care to offer!

When you click on the comments link at the bottom of the post, you will be presented with choices for logins, if you do not already have one of the accounts listed, or you do not choose to login with that account, you can always choose the anonymous option, in which case your name would come up as Anonymous! If you choose to use one of the other log in options, your name would appear as the public name you list for that account. For example, mine would appear as Willow's Quiet Corner, and, of course, your email would not show!

Thanks! And, again, thanks for stopping by! I really hope to hear from you and to see you again soon! Let me know how you think I am doing! :-)

Friday, April 15, 2011

Death of a Strawberry


Ok, I've gone from doing the happy dance over my very first strawberry to a sad dance.  Remember the picture I showed you yesterday?  The nice bright red, delicious strawberry that I thought I'd be able to have as part of my breakfast . . .

This is what it looked like yesterday afternoon:


This is what I found this morning:


Good thing I still have some strawberries for my breakfast from the Farmer's Market last Sunday, because somebody beat me to it!  Not only did it get eaten right off the vine, but if you'll notice, it's little green companion to the right is MIA, too! ! ! !


Birds?  Lizards?  (Do they even eat strawberries?)  Opossums?  Raccoons?  Cats?  (nawww, they don't eat strawberries, do they?) Rats?  Hippopotami?  . . . Nei-i-i-ighbors?  (nawww, they wouldn't do that!) Now, I really don't mind sharing, but did they HAVE to eat the FIRST ones? ? ?  :(     (* * little wail * *) 


I've temporarily moved the pot to my patio table . . .  We'll see if that works  . . . for now! ! ! !

One step forward and about twelve steps back!  :)    Does anyone else have so much trouble just trying to plant a little something to nibble on?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. We just had this happen to ours one day there next something had a field day and ate all the ripe ones. Some they ate up until the yellow part. Very annoying to say the least. I don't know either what decided to feast on my strawberries. I have now moved them up to my balcony and hopefully they will be safe as I trip over them to hang clothes on my line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to get a taste before something eats the all for you! :)

    ReplyDelete