Something on your mind? ? ? :-)

If you would like to leave a comment to tell me what you like or if you would like to share an experience you have had, have suggestions for new adventures, or would just like to share what's on your mind, please feel free to do so! I would really, really love to hear any feedback you would care to offer!

When you click on the comments link at the bottom of the post, you will be presented with choices for logins, if you do not already have one of the accounts listed, or you do not choose to login with that account, you can always choose the anonymous option, in which case your name would come up as Anonymous! If you choose to use one of the other log in options, your name would appear as the public name you list for that account. For example, mine would appear as Willow's Quiet Corner, and, of course, your email would not show!

Thanks! And, again, thanks for stopping by! I really hope to hear from you and to see you again soon! Let me know how you think I am doing! :-)

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

. . . or Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, or . . . if you don't celebrate anything at all . . . just have a happy, safe and warm season!


This is just a quick post to wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season!


I am not going to be able to spend time with family this year . . . (I'll get to finish painting the inside of my house, though . . . long, long overdue . . . yayyy!)  . . .  but I will be talking to them on the phone and sharing a bit of the day with them that way, so it won't be all bad!


Every year I toy with the idea of braving the masses and masses of people at the Rose Parade to view the floats after the parade . . . not sure if I'll make it this year or not.  I do want to go.  But, it will depend on how I feel the day before!  :)  If I do make it, I'll be sure to share the pics!  


The last time I went was probably 15 (oh, my gosh, could it have been 20? ? ? ) years ago!  I still remember the air filled to bursting with the heady scent of all the flowers.  The colors were just spectacular!  It was just lovely and I want more!    


. . . but I also remember the traffic to get there . . . the nightmare of trying to find a place to park that wasn't a mile or two or ten away and then the immense throngs of wall to wall people all trying to get close to the ropes to see the floats unimpeded by the backs of the heads of other people all while trying to keep from getting trampled on by all the others behind them.  hmmmmm . . . 


We'll see.


My friend Mavis said it had always been one of her dreams to work on the floats, so before she moved away, that is just what she did. She signed on to be a petal pusher (one of the volunteers).  Perhaps that is the way to go to get my fix!  ;)


Anyway, whatever you are doing this holiday season . . . I hope it fills you with joy!  And, may this next year be a much better one for all of us!  Merry Christmas!  :)



13 comments:

  1. Ah! Those pictures are so beautiful and your incredible writing style has been very enjoyable to visit your lovely blog. It's been a pleasure to get to know you. I will take some weeks off so I can spend time with my family.
    Have a magical Christmas Sherrill, and all the very best to you in the New year.
    Lots of hugs, See you then. :)
    Rosemary...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I look forward to seeing more of you in 2012. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rosemary! I hope you enjoy your time with your family! See you in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, SpecialK! You, too! See you in 2012! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao cara, grazie per la visita.
    Ti faccio i miei più cari auguri
    di Buon Natale e Buon Anno nuovo.
    Un abbraccio
    Susy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara Susy, graziemille e auguri per molto Buon Natale e un Buon Anno nuovo a voi anche! Baci! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had wonderful christmas days full of love and joy!
    Wish you a happy new year!
    Hugs
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas...filled with sweet joys. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Koralee! It's always a pleasure to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember those pictures I took of you two as if it were yesterday! Cute pictures, if I do say so myself! Sometimes you wish the good old days could return! Have a great Holiday week whatever you do...love ya....Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was just yesterday, wasn't it? ? ? ? ;) It certainly couldn't have been years and years and years ago! That would mean we are getting old! :) Love ya, too, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, SpecialK! Same here! Happy New Year to you, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete