Something on your mind? ? ? :-)

If you would like to leave a comment to tell me what you like or if you would like to share an experience you have had, have suggestions for new adventures, or would just like to share what's on your mind, please feel free to do so! I would really, really love to hear any feedback you would care to offer!

When you click on the comments link at the bottom of the post, you will be presented with choices for logins, if you do not already have one of the accounts listed, or you do not choose to login with that account, you can always choose the anonymous option, in which case your name would come up as Anonymous! If you choose to use one of the other log in options, your name would appear as the public name you list for that account. For example, mine would appear as Willow's Quiet Corner, and, of course, your email would not show!

Thanks! And, again, thanks for stopping by! I really hope to hear from you and to see you again soon! Let me know how you think I am doing! :-)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dragon Fruit!

Remember my post a while back about missing the bloom on my dragon fruit cactus?  And how I wasn't going to miss out on the actual fruit this time to those ever pesky, naughty-naughty, nasty little ants?  Well . . . . this time, I won!  


I kept an ever watchful eye on it and it finally ripened up . . . and this time I got to the ripe, juicy dragon fruit before the ants did!  So, I am sharing the bounty to prove I did it!  The red fruit is about the size of a softball.  It tastes a little like kiwi, but not as sweet.


BTW . . . . the yellow stuff is mango . . . not grown by me, but part of my afternoon snack today anyway!  Which I shared with others!  I didn't eat all that stuff all by myself!  ;-)  The mango was not quite ripe and was a little tart and not nearly as sweet as I was hoping!  Darn!

My friend wants to give me another dragon fruit cactus that is of a different color (and maybe a little different flavor . . .  maybe? ? ? ).  I think she said the inside is yellow.  I'm anxious to try it, but I asked to wait until I get my garden squared away this next summer so I can figure out where to put both of them!  They can get quite big and take a lot of room and need a strong support.  The one I have is still in a temporary pot/location while I work on finalizing my garden beds.  Once everything is in place, I can see what spaces I have available.  Yayyy!

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment