Something on your mind? ? ? :-)

If you would like to leave a comment to tell me what you like or if you would like to share an experience you have had, have suggestions for new adventures, or would just like to share what's on your mind, please feel free to do so! I would really, really love to hear any feedback you would care to offer!

When you click on the comments link at the bottom of the post, you will be presented with choices for logins, if you do not already have one of the accounts listed, or you do not choose to login with that account, you can always choose the anonymous option, in which case your name would come up as Anonymous! If you choose to use one of the other log in options, your name would appear as the public name you list for that account. For example, mine would appear as Willow's Quiet Corner, and, of course, your email would not show!

Thanks! And, again, thanks for stopping by! I really hope to hear from you and to see you again soon! Let me know how you think I am doing! :-)

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Beautiful Places Part 4


Hello, again!  I'm back with a few more pics from my trip.  I last left you in Colorado and I am picking up from there to continue on my journey.  There were some sprinkles up there that made their way onto the windshield as I was driving through.  


I kept hoping the sun would win the game of hide-and-seek with the clouds, but no such luck.  I got a little sun, but not a lot.


The clouds followed me to Utah.  The closer I got to Arches National Park, the more overcast it got.  But, I did have a little sun off and on while wending my way through the backroads along the Colorado River.


Can you just imagine the color that would appear here if the sun were to suddenly burst forth and bathe these cliffs in it's warm golden glow?  Since there had been rain recently, there was a lot of green against all that red rock.


The Le Sal mountains far off in the background were covered with snow, which I suspect was a recent happening!


The rock formations were just gorgeous and so varied and intricate.  It almost looks more like a painted backdrop than reality.  It would be such a treat to spend a year watching how the light and shadow play on them throughout the year!  From dawn to dusk!  Just grab a nice glass of wine and commune with the lizards and cottontails while watching the clouds drift by.


Is it just me?  But, this formation reminds me of a ship.  The bow lifting just slightly up out of the water.  Perhaps I just have traveling and cruises on my mind . . .  Can you see the ship?


This seems to me the iconic representation of all the deadwood that you see everywhere out in the canyonlands.  A sculptural masterpiece in its own right.  I still have more vacation pics to share, which I hope to be able to do in a couple of days!  I also have several pics of some of the wildlife I came across, for which I will create a separate post later, so stay tuned!  Hope to see you back here soon!  TTFN my little BFF!  ;)








































7 comments:

  1. Even with an overcast sky, those are gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauty we have in our backyard in the West. Here a person can feel primordial elements that make us feel tiny and yet apart of the wholeness. And yes I did see the ship in the rocks.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. LJR, You're welcome and thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you liked them!

    Dennis, I have to agree. I am determined to start using our long holiday weekends to get out there more often! Even it is just a quick day trip to see someplace new! (I'm glad I wasn't the only one seeing things in the rocks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning shots - Being a cloud-watcher, I like the sunless shots with the texture of the clouds - the one with the le sal mountains is particularly beautiful. The textures in all of them are amazing. Thank you for taking us along and in such a gorgeous way.
    xo isa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isa, thank you for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the blogosphere! I really appreciate your comment! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just lovely.:-) Hugs Stina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stina, Thanks for dropping by! There is some beautiful country here!

    ReplyDelete